EducationFind a class or workshop that suits your Alzheimer's education needs.
We offer a variety of programs for those with memory loss concerns, families, caregivers and the community. All programs are offered free of charge. Programs are designed specifically for family members of those affected by Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Topics include:
- Basics of memory loss, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Understanding and responding to dementia behavior
- Brain health and wellness
- Communicating with persons with dementia
- Legal expertise from elder law attorneys
- Nourish Your Noggin, a monthly series of programs focused on brain health, wellness and awareness about Alzheimer’s and dementia
- Stages of Alzheimer’s series
- And more
Alzheimer’s Mississippi is committed to helping professionals improve their knowledge and skills, build stronger teams and deliver better care and services to people with dementia and their families. Our training and education programs are geared towards professionals who care for individuals with dementia, as well as professionals who want to effectively serve clients or patients who have the disease.
Our programs and presentations are appropriate for all professionals, including facility administrators, nurses, physicians, occupational therapists, physical therapists, social workers, first responders, insurance agents, financial advisors, attorneys and more. Some of our programs offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
We have staff and community speakers available to come out to your organization or company